“a care package on steroids“
Sponsor a coping kit?
Designed to serve as a care package, a Coping Kit contains items necessary to aid in the physical, emotional, and financial struggle that takes place from the time of pediatric cancer diagnosis and beyond.
On June 28th, 2011 a volunteer delivered the first Coping Kit to a family whose child was recently diagnosed with cancer. They also delivered six more that day to kick off a bittersweet mission.
Each kit is delivered in a custom Burton travel bag and has a
What’s included in every Coping Kit?
- iPad and iTunes gift card to help kids and families stay connected & to entertain during countless hours spent in treatment
- Gas cards to help with travel costs associated with frequent visits to the hospital
- Wawa gift card to help offset food costs during hospital stays
- Toiletry kits for caregivers
- Visa gift card to help with incidentals
- Calendars to track appointments, follow-ups, and medications
- Lint brush, mints, soft blanket, soft pillow for personal comfort during treatment
- Thermometer, pill cutter, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, first aid kit, pill glide, and soft tissues for medical care at home
- Baseball hats, socks, and umbrella for comfort
- And much more…